Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Twitter and friends

I need something that:

  • lets me keep a list of paper that I want to read
  • lets me keep notes with the probably unrealized ambition of turning them into articles
  • lets me have short public chat like conversations with my peer group about the links and stuff
  • lets me discover content based on my preferences, i.e. buttons, "go away", "later", "was good" for articles and links
  • it collects data from around the web so that one place has info from various sources.

The thing is that some links articles last. You want to return to them again and again. E.g. an interview by Matz on the design of Ruby, or a discussion of the history of smalltalk optimization over the last 20 years by Eliott Miranada. Other stuff, like -6% GDP growth or a joke with a friend are easily forgotten.

What's with the fascist text limit imposed by twitter anyway and how come it doesn't have a conversation view.

No comments: